Moonstone trek 5 days has been addressed as an amazing substitute to Machu Picchu. If you are looking to avoid the crowded tourists across the Inca Trail, you have the option to sign up for this trek.
Here are the details for the trek!
Highlights of Moonstone Trek 5 Days:
Before going forward to give an in-depth overview of the moonstone trek, you should go through some of important points of consideration:
Read Through the Following Highlights of the trek:
- The trek has no restrictions on the number of people looking forward to join the trip.
- You will have to ask for a permit to visit Machu Picchu.
- You must ensure that the booking is done before 3 to 4 months from the day of the trip.
- If you want to trek to Machu Picchu during the high season, booking prior to 3 to 4 months is a major factor.
You need to ensure that each of the above points are considered before planning for a full-proof moonstone trek 5 days
Itinerary of Moonstone Trek 5 days:
Here is the 5 day itinerary for the Moonstone trek 5 days:
1st Day: Cusco-Quillarumiyoc to Molinuyoct to Wata to Chillipahua
2nd Day: Chillipahua to Accoccasa Pass to Chancachuco
3rd Day: Chancachuco to Wayrac Punku to Inca Quarry
4th Day: IncaQuarry to Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientas Hotel
5th Day: Aguas Calientas to Machu Picchu to Cusco.
Moonstone Trek Archives:
The first destination of the moonstone trek 5 days will be Killarumiyuc temple. Followed by this temple, you will visit the shore of Huaracodo, which is a local river.
While you are roaming across the shore, you can enjoy the picturesque scenery which includes mountains, valleys, and other historical sites and monuments. This shore will lead you to the Wata City.
Hiking starts across the fields which is covered with Chachacomo trees. You will be able to view the snow clad mountains while trekking upward towards Accoccasa pass. At night, the next milestone is to enjoy the serenity of the base camps across Andean Milky Wayl.
The next drop is that Intiwatana followed by viewing the Sacred Valley of the Incas towards a village. You should not miss the serenity of Veronica peak, followed by the Andes.
The last trail will include trekking down to Ollantaytambo, an ancient town. You can explore Aguas Calientes and spend a night within any lodging options nearby.
End Trail of the Moonstone Trek 5 Days
After having the breakfast from the hotel, you will have to get on the bus. After you have boarded the bus, you will get the opportunity of enjoying a short trip to Machu Picchu.
While you are in Machu Picchu, you can take the tour of the different archaeological and historical located at Machu Picchu. The place has a beautiful collection of different temples and other culturally rich places. Ask the guide to explain these amazing collections at Machu Picchu.
While in Machu Picchu, you can also enjoy a trek towards the Huayna Picchu for an exhilarating experience.
You will return back to Aguas Calientas by boading a bus and then you will travel back to Ollantaytambo from Poroy.
Based on the above breakdown of the trip, you can book your tickets as per your preference. This is the general itinerary followed for travelling to Machu Puchu while being on a 5 day Moonstone trek Archives.
Added Experiences While on Moonstone Trek 5 Days:
Further, while you are on the trek, you will have the opportunity to visit and enjoy the serenity and activities of many other places as well. This experience is said to be incredible for the travellers.
- You can enrol yourself for a half-day city tour at Cusco. Only enrol yourself if you are fond of cultural trips.
- Enjoy a half day tour and explore Cusco’s South Valley. Again, given the place, the theme of the tour is culture.
- Go for a half day tour at Maras and Moray. The activity level being moderate, this half day tour is also cultural.
- Take a cultural tour for exploring sacred valley. You will have to book yourself for a full day.
- Last but not the least, if you are an adventure lover, you can book another 7 day trip to Ausangate, Rainbow Mountain in Machu Pichu.
Enjoy the above incredible experiences while you book a moonstone trek for 5 days.
Trivia factor! The name of the trek has originated from Quillarumiyoc, which primarily symbolizes Moonstone. Hence, the name: “Moonstone Trek 5 days”.
In Quillarumiyoc, a rock is carved in the shape of a moon. The beautiful moon is worshipped by the locals at Quillarumiyoc.
Thus, what are you waiting for? For personally finding more such trivia factors, book a trek.