Despite its proximity to Machu Picchu, Ancascocha Trek is one of the wonderful offbeat tourist places in the Peruvian Andes. During your trek, you will come across some beautiful lush green sceneries and breathtaking archaeological sites that are sure to impress you. However, it is essential to plan the trip well so that you can cover all the popular sites. Keep reading to learn the itinerary that you can follow during your trip.
Itinerary of the Ancascocha Trek
The itinerary of the trek is as follows:
Day 1: Cusco | Soqma – Perolniyoc – Racaypata – Rayan- Kuychiccasa Pass- Chancachuco
You can start your first day of the trek by visiting the Perolniyoc waterfall. After that, you can head off to Racaypata Inca archaeological sites. Then you will have to take a small halt for lunch, after which you can hike up to the Kuychiccasa Pass.
Day 2: Chancachuco|Ancascoha – Huayanay Pass – Incaracay – Quesqa
The next morning you can visit La Veronica glacier. After sightseeing, you can head to the Ancascocha community before lunch. Once done, you can proceed with hiking to the highest point of your trek and then come back to Quesqa camp.
Day 3: Quesqa | Paucarcancha – Piscacucho, KM 82 – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
You will start day 3 by walking to the Paucarcancha Inca site. After that, you can have your lunch at KM 82. Once done, you will be traveling to Aguas Calientes via train and spending the rest of the night there.
Day 4: Aguas Calientes | Machu Picchu – Ollantaytambo – Cusco
On your final day of this trek, you will be able to witness a 2-hours guided trip in Machu Picchu. Then you will have to take a train to Ollantaytambo, and from there you can come to your stay at Cusco.
Additionally, you can check out some of the highlights of the Ancascocha trek that will compel you to be a part of it.
Highlights of the Ancascocha trek
The highlights of the trek are:
- You can witness different archaeological sites of Inca on your route.
- The routes are not much frequented, and hence you can enjoy your trek surrounded by the Andes in solace.
- You can explore the life and culture of Andean communities along your trip.
- Observe the lush green fields along your trekking expedition.
- Enjoy the mesmerizing scenery during your trek.
- You can witness one of the seven wonders, Machu Picchu, and explore its beauty.
However, while planning Machu Picchu tours from USA, you must choose the right traveling partner for an adventurous trip.
Tips for selecting the right travel agency
Below are some tips that you can check before selecting the right travel partner:
- They must take every measure for your safety during the trek.
- The guides must have sumptuous knowledge about the routes to escort you through.
- They should have skilled Andean chefs to serve you delicious dishes during the journey.
- The company must arrange sustainable tourism to keep the environment safe and pollution-free.
- They should have the option of serving food along your trek so that you do not stay hungry.
- They should have skilled horsemen to carry your belongings along the way safely.
- The groups arranged must be small so that you get to know each other and have an adventurous trip.
Also, there are some essential things that you must ask your travel agency to confirm your booking.
Essential things that you must know before you confirm your booking
Below are some essential things that you must enquire about from your travel agency are as follows:
- The number of days that you might require to acclimate in Cusco before beginning with your trek.
- The mode and payment installments that you will need to make to the agency planning your journey.
- If they organise any trek briefing meetings beforehand.
- Where they will pick you up and drop you off before and after the trek, respectively.
- Where you can keep your luggage during your trip.
- If you can recover your lost objects after the trek.
- The number of people in the trek group.
If you are looking for some real adventure, you must plan an Ancascocha trek. Additionally, choosing the right travel agency for your trip ensures that you can enjoy it worry-free and to the fullest.